The AAPG-PAPG Students chapter of UoK was launched on 17th October 2009. The basic aim of this chapter is to enhance the link between industry, professionals and students. It provide students , the opportunity to develop leadership skills as they will be part of industry in future and serves as a focal point for developing a feeling of professionalism through meeting industry representatives.
Our objectives are:
· To develop interest of University of Karachi students in the field of Petroleum Geosciences and it’s relating fields.
· To facilitate activities where subject matter experts from the industry can share knowledge and experiences with AAPG-PAPG members
· To open career building opportunities for students and introduce them with potential employers of the industry
· To bring together people sharing the same interest in the industry and getting to know one another
· Our chapter organize seminars and lecture series for the students by professionals
· Geobulletin is another brilliant effort of chapter that includes articles by professionals, teachers and students regarding recent discoveries and developments in industry
· Educational trips are arranged for members